Discuss Not all Rads getting hot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deden56

I have a Glowworm flexcom 24 Kw condensing boiler which was fitted 2 years ago.The prevous boiler was too small 50,00 btu's which I was running 9 rads from.Even with the old bolier I was never able to have all the rads on at the same time.I have tried balancing them with no change.I joined another site which was supposed to supply good tradesmen but the experience was very expensive.They came out after 2and a half hours I was charged £140 for investgating the problem.Then the next time I was told the 2 way zone valve was fitted back to front & I needed a cylinder stat which I did know to be true for safety reasons and they said the cylinder was taking all the heat and that was the reason I couldnt heat all the rads.They said I also needed a 3 way zone valve and a room stat as the temp for the rads was controlled by TRV's only.Because of attitude ,dirty work and 3 leaks caused by them and a total of £340 and unreliability on thier part I decided to cut my losses.I have been told by another plumber who I know Is Gasafe reg'ed that because of my set up I cant have a 3 way valve fitted to this system and he says I should get a seperate zone valve for the water.I think I have a s plan and not a Y I can upload a pic of the piping If anyone would like to see it.Because I have noidea about this I need to know I am getting the correct advise.Any advise is greatly welcome

Last edited by a moderator:
The plumber who piped the Y plan is going to disconnect the cylinder and put a hose through it and also cut flow and return and put water through boiler to see if either is blocked

Try running a magnet over the pipework near the pump, if it sticks then theres a good chance theres a blockage. Prime candidate is where the cold feed from the F & E enters the syatem or neutral point as its more commonly known.

When He disconnected the cylinder there was a little amount of scale and brown water.The coil was flushed through with fresh water until clear.He fitted a vent after the 3 way valve .Only the rads upstairs are getting hot .I have had a climpro fitted .The tap water is set for 55 degrees but I have noticed the boiler is reaching temp of 95 degrees.He disconnected some rad pipes in the cellar and there was a lot of what I think was scale .He has said I might have to change the TRV's.only the rads upstairs are getting warm.

Try running a magnet over the pipework near the pump, if it sticks then theres a good chance theres a blockage. Prime candidate is where the cold feed from the F & E enters the syatem or neutral point as its more commonly known.

its so so common

When He disconnected the cylinder there was a little amount of scale and brown water.The coil was flushed through with fresh water until clear.He fitted a vent after the 3 way valve .Only the rads upstairs are getting hot .I have had a climpro fitted .The tap water is set for 55 degrees but I have noticed the boiler is reaching temp of 95 degrees.He disconnected some rad pipes in the cellar and there was a lot of what I think was scale .He has said I might have to change the TRV's.only the rads upstairs are getting warm.

any thoughts on this?

I cant believe this has not been sorted yet either

I agree that it is not good practice to combine a single pipe system with a two pipe system even so you still expect some sort circulation. The fact that your boiler is getting up to 95 degrees is not good for the boiler so I would suggest that you should turn it down so it reaches a maximum temp of 60 degrees the fault is not on the boiler its on the system.

My suggestion for discovering what the fault is with the system is to purchase a lazer thermometer and follow the route of all the pipwork the best you can to find where the system stops circulating, so far you have spent a lot of time and money altering pipework and getting nowhere. I feel its time to go back to basics

mate winter is knocking on everyone's front door ! get it sort it before x mas at least ,there is gys from here who will come and will sort it out with no time

Yes this is aworry if it's anything like last year.The plumber who has been working on it is gas safe but even he is scratching his head.:confused5:

Can anyone recommend a good Lazer thermometer.Do they have a range of eg a meter incase I cant get close to the pipes.

[DLMURL="http://www.reginproducts.co.uk/thermometers/REGTN2"]REGTN2 - Infra Red Thermometer | Regin[/DLMURL]

The plumber plans to take all rads off and flush through with hose.He also thinks the TRV's might be clogged up.If they are can they be serviced or are they scrap? they are Drayton TRV4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Not all Rads getting hot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back