Discuss Not all Rads getting hot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The TRV's only have one arrow and the 2 that are wronrg point into the rad but they are on the return side.

TRV single arrow.jpgY plan # 1.jpgY plan # 2.jpgY plan # 3.jpgNew Y plan in airing cupboard with 3 way port.TRV with arrow pointing in which is at return end.If you look back you will see old layout under bath.

Last edited by a moderator:
The TRV's only have one arrow and the 2 that are wrong point into the rad but they are on the return side.
Instead of moving it to the other end, the TRV just needs to be turned on its side, swapping over the inlet and outlet. Having the control horizontal is theoretically better as it does not get influenced by the heat rising from the pipe.

Alternatively replace them with modern bi-directional TRVs and keep them on the same end with the head vertical.

as a long shot I checked the direction arrow for flow on the C/H pump it was ok

I have had a power flush on the advise of a plumber who did the Y plan with no change still have poor circulation.I have a plan of how it is piped and what the plumber who flushed it said.It's an excel file is it possible to upload it to here?

diamondgas can you message me with contact email so I can send plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Not all Rads getting hot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your...
Replies
Views
Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I noticed this winter my living room rad only get hot in the top half. Radiator is 1600mm(DP SC) double panel single convector. System...
Replies
Views
Hi All I'm planning on replacing a couple of rads soon as they are far too small for the size of the room causing the room to take an age to heat...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My property is a 3-bed terraced with double glazing windows... It currently has no central heating, so I will get a new combi fitted...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock