Discuss Norstom proflush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Danv44444

Hi Guys, are any of you using a Proflush I purchased one a couple of weeks ago and I've used it twice with a mana cleanse and it's work really well.

I've been connecting the machine up and flushing out the loose sludge etc and then turning off the machine and firing up the boiler and getting the system hot

then isolating individual rads when hot and then flushing rads individually and then dumping and moving onto the next rad. The trouble is when I've dumped a couple of rads all the waters gone cold. How do you guys do it? I've read the instructions but I think I'm missing something somewhere?

how do you use yours? Cheers guys

Have a pro flush and magma cleanse also. I tend to use the following procedure

Pre dose with chems and fit mangaclean a week or so before if possible and get cust to run heating.
Get system ready for flushing (link f and e, isolate pump etc.)
Connect flusher and magnacleanse via mc adapter
Open up all lock shields
Run system up to temperature, so you can asses which rads need particular attention
Dump water until clean
Redose with chems and get system up to temp again.
Flush each rad individually (and cylinder, f&e) dumping if water looks manky,maths magnacleanse reduces this need a lot. (I use thermal camera to to check for cold spots)
When happy all is clean open up all rads and dump.
Flush each rad individually to waste until waste tds is ok
Return system to normal and balance

Thanks roger I think I've been dumping too much. The tds readings have been good though.
I was thinking I was probably not getting th most out of the chemicals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Norstom proflush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

G
I've just bought a 3-floor house with a gas boiler on the ground floor and hot water tank on the middle floor. When I switch on the hot water at...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to...
Replies
Views
Can anyone help me with an ongoing issue I've had since I had an annual service on my combi boiler, which is a Potterton Performa 24. Literally...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Sorry I have sort of asked this before, tried professionals but not great 1st experience hence DIY attempt attempt again. 2 completely cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock