Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Non return valve on unvented in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

gingalig

Gas Engineer
Hi, thanks in advance for any advice, I've come to change a manifold for the ufh, I have noticed a non return valve on the main dhw outlet on the unvented cylinder
Is this acceptable ?
[automerge]1570704464[/automerge]
Hi, thanks in advance for any advice, I've come to change a manifold for the ufh, I have noticed a non return valve on the main dhw outlet on the unvented cylinder
Is this acceptable ?
My thoughts are no it's not.

Attachments

• 20191010_102755.jpg
    20191010_102755.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
There's no safety reason why it shouldn't be there and is no different to having non-return valves anywhere else on the hot distribution side of the system. Do you have a secondary return (pumped circuit) on your system?

Unless you can find a decent explanation for why it's there I don't think it's necessary but at the same time it's not really doing any harm either.

It would be interesting to know the reasoning behind it being fitted there though.

Probably a tmv/ mixing valve causing an issue. Is your cold water alot better than your hot? Pressure wise?

Many tmv's have problems if theres a different between the hot and cold.

Reply to Non return valve on unvented in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock