Search the forum,

Discuss Non return valve on unvented in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

gingalig

Gas Engineer
Hi, thanks in advance for any advice, I've come to change a manifold for the ufh, I have noticed a non return valve on the main dhw outlet on the unvented cylinder
Is this acceptable ?
[automerge]1570704464[/automerge]
Hi, thanks in advance for any advice, I've come to change a manifold for the ufh, I have noticed a non return valve on the main dhw outlet on the unvented cylinder
Is this acceptable ?
My thoughts are no it's not.

Attachments

• 20191010_102755.jpg
    20191010_102755.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
There's no safety reason why it shouldn't be there and is no different to having non-return valves anywhere else on the hot distribution side of the system. Do you have a secondary return (pumped circuit) on your system?

Unless you can find a decent explanation for why it's there I don't think it's necessary but at the same time it's not really doing any harm either.

It would be interesting to know the reasoning behind it being fitted there though.

Probably a tmv/ mixing valve causing an issue. Is your cold water alot better than your hot? Pressure wise?

Many tmv's have problems if theres a different between the hot and cold.

Reply to Non return valve on unvented in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Do people with this type of mixed flow temperature control have any problems with achieving the required manifold flow temperature? The one below I think is similar to the TIO Mixing unit. In the unit below, the hot (boiler) water enters from the bottom left, red arrow, up through the "mixing...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is unvented and pressurised. The cold water feed into this cylinder is from the attic tank, not the mains as I turned off the mains stopcock to see if hot...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I've currently got a system boiler with cylinder and rads on s-plan. I'm planning on installing UFH in my kitchen/diner and utility/downstairs loo. My question is around mixing valves and opentherm. Do mixing valves dynamically adjust the amount of cold being mixed in response to the...
Replies
Views
I am repiping my whole house and changing from combi boiler to a 30kW system boiler & 250Ltr or 300Ltr unvented indirect hw tank. Can somebody give advice on my rough plans/sketches for repiping my radiators using 22mm & 15mm. I have only shown the flow line as the return line will just be a...
Replies
Views
Do most composite valves now for unvented cylinders have a tee on them For the expansion valve connection? The ones I used to fit just had the balanced cold connection coming of it. Them I tee'd off downstream of the composite valve for the expansion
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock