Search the forum,

Discuss Non return valve on unvented in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

gingalig

Gas Engineer
Hi, thanks in advance for any advice, I've come to change a manifold for the ufh, I have noticed a non return valve on the main dhw outlet on the unvented cylinder
Is this acceptable ?
[automerge]1570704464[/automerge]
Hi, thanks in advance for any advice, I've come to change a manifold for the ufh, I have noticed a non return valve on the main dhw outlet on the unvented cylinder
Is this acceptable ?
My thoughts are no it's not.

Attachments

• 20191010_102755.jpg
    20191010_102755.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
There's no safety reason why it shouldn't be there and is no different to having non-return valves anywhere else on the hot distribution side of the system. Do you have a secondary return (pumped circuit) on your system?

There's no safety reason why it shouldn't be there and is no different to having non-return valves anywhere else on the hot distribution side of the system. Do you have a secondary return (pumped circuit) on your system?
No there isn't. Thanks for the reply.

Unless you can find a decent explanation for why it's there I don't think it's necessary but at the same time it's not really doing any harm either.

It would be interesting to know the reasoning behind it being fitted there though.

Backflowing though a shower mixer or tap prob

So they went for a "whole system" approach rather than at point of use I suppose. The shower feeds may have been inaccessible which would make sense of that valve's position.

And at least it's easilly found and accessible if it fails.

Probably a tmv/ mixing valve causing an issue. Is your cold water alot better than your hot? Pressure wise?

Many tmv's have problems if theres a different between the hot and cold.

Reply to Non return valve on unvented in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock