Search the forum,

Discuss Noisy cold water pipe in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Due to our kitchen being refitted the mains cold water supply has been moved to a new location 12 inches from the original location. Now when I use any cold tap in the house I hear a rumbling whining sound. My plumber tells me that he has used the original stopcock and pipe so this sound must be trapped air. This sound has been going on for days and days surly any trapped air would have gone by now?

Trapped air is as the name suggests, trapped, so not necessarily released. Is the stopcock fully open? Are there any vertical rises in pipework that remain capped?

Reply to Noisy cold water pipe in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, hope someone can help with this. My central heating system has a Worcester gas combi boiler, paired with a nest thermostat and a megaflo...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I turned my cold water feed off in the airing cupboard which supplies only cold water to my bathroom but it also turned the water to...
Replies
Views
About 5 year ago, I had a new central heating system (radiators) installed to replace my old warm air underfloor system. The warm air side of the...
Replies
Views
Morning. I have a leak. It’s coming from the connector pipe….the picture shows the pipe. It is a cold water pipe going in to the back of my...
Replies
Views
Hi I've got water hammer issues with my cold feed and some with the hot feed. When the cold sink tap, cold bath tap and thermostatic shower in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock