Search the forum,

Discuss Noisy ch pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jimbo the Jambo

Scottish gas fitted a new condensing boiler into our ch system two years ago. We had problems with "rushing water sounds" when pump started and banging and knocking noises up until the pump was replaced last February. We were told to keep venting the radiators for a few days (it took some weeks), however when the pump starts up now it sounds like stones or grit flushing through. On sounding the pump with a long screwdriver between ear and pump body the noise is in the pump. On Friday Scot. Gas carried out a safety check and the gentleman said he thought it could be a stone/s but fixing it was not covered by my maintenance agreement. I fitted the ch system myself 28 years ago and have had little or no problems over the years, the last two have thrown up a succession of niggly problems, this one is annoying.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks (this is my first post),

jimbo

Thanks for the reply. Scot.Gas did that during boiler installation cost £500 for power flush.

jimbo

how old are the rads - they could be corroding from the inside.

could be corrosion or cavitation if not a sealed system please clarify

how old are the rads - they could be corroding from the inside.

Original rads 28 y.o. but sounding the pipes above and below the pump localise the noise (like broken ball bearings in a bike wheel) to the actual pump.

jimbo

could be corrosion or cavitation if not a sealed system please clarify

Its an open vented system. Scot Gas fitted a magna-clean filter which seems to clean a lot of iron oxide out.

cheers,

jimbo

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Noisy ch pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock