Search the forum,

Discuss New rad won't turn off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ashthesaint

Any help appreciated. I had a plumber come in and disconnect underfloor heating in the conservatory, and replace it with a large radiator. The underfloor heating was ran off the gas boiler and had its own thermostat. He said that he would put it on the same system as the other radiators so they would all work together. However this one won't turn off now unless i turn the boiler off! I rang him and he told me it was an electricians job! Is he right?

Manu thanks

depends whats hes done is there a port valve for that one rad? some pics would help as well

Thank you for the reply, trying to figure out how to send a pic. He mentioned at the time that he had taken something out of the airing cupboard, silver box thing? : / there are only 2 now, there was 3.

Thank you for the reply, trying to figure out how to send a pic. He mentioned at the time that he had taken something out of the airing cupboard, silver box thing? : / there are only 2 now, there was 3.

That prob would be the port valve not the best but do you have a trv on the rad for now ?

Also in the reply box where bold and font are far right pic with a frame round it click this and browse for pic then upload

He should have put a TRV on the new rad by regs. Out of interest why did you disconnect the underfloor heating? That's by far the most efficient way of providing heat to a room if installed and use correctly. Far more efficient than radiant heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New rad won't turn off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've just replaced an Ultra SASF2 – M thermostatic shower cartridge together with the spring mechanism and the temperature sensor. My problem is this: If I install the thermostatic cartridge together with the spring mechanism and the temp sensor (i.e. do the job properly), the shower runs warm...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m new here and don’t know a thing about plumbing so be gentle on me as I am also going to ask a possible dumb question, this summer I turned of the ”heating“ on the Drayton box and turned thermostat to zero but obviously had to keep the hot water on as I do every summer but I noticed the...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have I blend valve from Nu-Heat ( they bought it from Reliance, as per attached spec). I have dismantled the valve now 3 times and replaced it with new components from Nu-Heat but the valve is not working properly. The valve replacement seems very simple with 4 main components and some...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always amazed at the water pressure so on the odd occasion that the water was only luke warm it was easily forgiven, but over time we have come to realise that...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock