Search the forum,

Discuss Namby pamby metrosexual white goods wall hung boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dotty

Right boys, I'm after some advice.

got sent to look at an Ideal Min1 C32 this morning.

AAV passing water and knocked out the ignition board. It has already had the main pcb replaced a year ago and is 11 years old.

The custard has decided he's going to claim for a new boiler on his house hold insurance. We've got to bump up the quote for repairs which is easily enough done.

It has a vertical flue as it's pretty much in the center of the house backing on to the bathroom - almost handy for the new condense run! There's 4 bar of pressure. I couldn't measure the flow rate as I managed to run over my weir cup and haven't replaced it yet, however I'd describe the flowrate as 'stonking!'. house has one bathroom, one downstairs loo and whb and a kitchen sink.

What boiler would you guys recommend, Intergas are out as there's only the one supplier over here and we won't deal with them, past issues....

We're looking at the WB 28CDi Compact, the Baxi Duo-tec HE (28kw) or the Ideal Logic+ 30kw

Any advice amigo's?

I'd go for the logic+ mate. Cracking boilers. Good warranty, well made, looks tidy, user friendly, easy to service and maintain. Gets my vote every time.

29CDI Classic has been my boiler of choice lately. For some reason it is £5 cheaper than the 30SI in Plumb Center.

logic + for me, ive been quoting and fitting them for months now. only problem i seem to get is the dhw turbine breaking but ideal said thats down to the soft water up here in scotland.... dont know if thats true or not haha.

honestly, decent boilers, easy to hang, easy to set up and easy to use

The logics and WB are both good boilers IMO, myself i would have the logic based on the price.

a lot of people go with the Worcester's for the brand name. I have fitted a lot of both, both are customer friendly the logic slightly more.
the logic is easier to fit, the worcesters can be piped up the back as the logics need a jig pushing the dimensions forward.

depending on the customers age the WB CDI filling link is a no no, fit a proper filling loop.

honestly john,as i maintain all different makes it would have to be the baxi duotec HEA or potterton titanium 28 for reliability both have 7 year warrentys if you dont want the 7 years theres also the potterton heatmax or promax combi

honestly john,as i maintain all different makes it would have to be the baxi duotec HEA or potterton titanium 28 for reliability both have 7 year warrentys if you dont want the 7 years theres also the potterton heatmax or promax combi

Id second that. Out of the 3 boilers our place fits. Greenstars logics and promax the promaxs very rarely break.

John

as you already have a 32 Kw combi and "stonking" water pressure go for the WB 32 CDi compact not the 28kw

I'd be very surprised if the the insurance pay out. They'll want service receipts and two quotes and god knows what else.
Id go for a Baxi or a Vaillant as no experience with Ideals. Just don't go for Worcesters, they're designed to be repaired by people with there hands fitted backwards.

REMEHA avanta is BAXI avanta was/is very good boiler imo now have decent warranty easy to work on/replace parts need good filter on the and accept opentherm :)

3 hydroblocks leaked like sieves on 3 boilers after a year, all replaced and one of them went porous again! reminded me of gloworms

you can get intergas in parts center as of next week,
which means i'll finally get to try one (not allowed to shop in BSS)

dont like worcester, horrible boilers to fix,
if they want to spend worcester money get a vaillant, in fact i'm surprised more people havent said vaillant

either that or just put a commercial boiler in, stay with what you know:44:

Last edited:
its a toughie as i fit both but i would edge the duo tec over the logic plus , due the stainless hex and 7 year warranty on the duo tec.

Thanks guys

I had a chinwag with my contracts director this morning and told him all that you guys said.

I tried selling him intergas too but that was flogging a dead horse as he's never heard of them.....

It does what is meant to do and it's easy to install and no call backs from happy customers ......
what else are we really looking at as all boilers have 7years guarantee or 5 ....
which means we are not repairing anything for this period of time ....
I have fitted MAIN , BAXI , Vaillant , Viessmenn but my first choose is......

wb:)

I choose Worcester because of their aftercare, their Engineers are great and usually repair any issues first time.

They strengthened the weak point on the manifolds that split, I've not seen any of the new types split.

The only thing I can't defend is the position of the PRV. That was a terrible design flaw!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Namby pamby metrosexual white goods wall hung boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock