Discuss Multimeter Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a decent set of test leads from Maplin.

No point on getting a fancy all bells and whistles multimeter with masses of functions when all you need to test is AC, DC voltages, motor capacitors and resistances.

He's right, a fancy one will only make your head whiz, in fact a probe tester with leds is handy to have around your neck when test for power, make you look professional like a doctor

My 116 went when the van got done, weirdly it's the tool I miss the most.

I prefer the Fluke but got a Mastech MY64 off my Son.

Easy to use, probes are a nice size a good back up tool, I think they are around £40.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Multimeter Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
Looking for some help here - not my boiler, so consider me a proxy. I'm also by no means a heating engineer: I'm just looking for pointers, as the...
Replies
Views
I'll pop this into the general advice forum as it seems the most active, but mods - feel free to move if there's somewhere more appropriate. Thank...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all First timer here - after reading a lot of the advice present I thought it would make sense to get stuck in and throw something into the...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
We have gutted the bathroom back to bare brick. But to find a good quality toilet and bath is a nightmare. I think I have sorted it and then...
Replies
Views
Back