Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on a good bath and toilet please in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

We have gutted the bathroom back to bare brick. But to find a good quality toilet and bath is a nightmare. I think I have sorted it and then someone says that's not the right type etc.
For a 1700 x 700 or 750 bath I was going to either buy Carron, Twyford or Duravit. I want a strong one that doesn't creak etc.
For a toilet I have been looking at Duravit, Armitage Shanks, Twyford. I want a close coupled but one that doesn't go all the way back to the wall as the soil stack is running along the floor from the toilet on the left out to the outside wall and the water pipes will be running from the left wall all the way along the wall to the right to feed the bath/shower. So the pipes will need to run behind the toilet and then we will box in.
Are rimless all they are cracked up to be? Ideal Standard do one which seems good but it isn't rimless as they state that customers prefer their system as the rimless ones allow water to pray on floor when flushed. Then there's the ones that can be coated to stop bacteria forming etc. My daughter likes the square shaped bowls. But I would like a good quality one that doesn't lose it's glaze after a few years. She has a water meter so would like dual flush too.
We have bought a Grohe shower that mounts on the wall with two feeds.
I was then looking at a sink with cupboard underneath but would like a full size bowl. A friend gave me a new big sink which is a pedestal so we may use that. Money is tight as we helped our daughter buy her 1st flat but didn't realise it needed the amount of work done on it. We have rewired totally and had a leaking roof which we didn't know about and re-plumbed.
We were going to move the toilet over to the outside wall so we could utilise the longer space by side of the bath but its a lot of work and expense to do this so it was back to the drawing board.
Although we are footing the bill as she now has no money, I don't want to buy cheap as she will have problems ahead if poor quality. There's no point in paying a plumber to fit inferior goods.
The kitchen we re-wired and then we ripped out the old cupboards and all the wiring and plugs are in the wrong place so another £500 to be paid out to amend positions.
We are also having the boiler moved to another wall by a Gas Engineer. Then the kitchen can be sorted, designed and fitted.
It is all a nightmare as I am going blind.
Any advice would be appreciated.
I have found out that the boiler cannot be too close to the window and plugs have to be far enough away.
thanks
Sue

I will advice KOHLER K-4007-47 San Souci toilet for you. With sleek curves and a low-profile silhouette, the San Souci one-piece toilet makes a strong design statement. A compact tank curves seamlessly into a round-front bowl for a space-saving profile. A 1.28-gallon flush provides significant water savings of up to 16,500 gallons per year, compared to a 3.5-gallon toilet, without sacrificing performance. This toilet comes with a soft-close seat featuring innovative technology that prevents the seat from slamming and simplifies both cleaning and installation.

Vitra is a good brand Google it online fitted quite a few and plenty to choose from.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211219-164040.png
    Screenshot_20211219-164040.png
    111.4 KB · Views: 3

Reply to Advice on a good bath and toilet please in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock