Discuss Megaflo hot weather cylinder tank problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Silly grandad

I have a megaflo hot water tank fitted with red expansion tank with gauge and relief valve fitted on top ... My problem is
water is continually discharging from overflow. The Gauge used to read 2 BAR now reading 3.6 - if I reduce the pressure using the relief valve on top of the gauge the water flow stops but then pressure rises to 3.6 - any advice or comments gratefully received !

The red pressure vessel should be for your heating! Megaflo cylinders have an internal bubble for expansion!.
Before calling out a plumber, your first check should be to check the filling loop on your heating system. If that is passing, there is your problem.
after that please call a heating engineer local to you who is also g3 registered, I case you have a problem with the cylinder.

Sounds very odd, but as mentioned above it seems your confusing the 2 vessels so its difficult to know which is causing the fault! Call a heating engineer who can work on unvented as mentioned before!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Megaflo hot weather cylinder tank problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back