Search the forum,

Discuss MDPE pipe concrete slab in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, In the process of a new build and we have routed a MDPE pipe through a lintel in the DPC but unable to bend it to the correct location due to the bend radius. I have now made the bend radius suitable for the bend but the pipe has no support underneath. Will it be better to put in a 90 degree bend and then run vertically up the DPC to floor level or will this be ok as we need to put in the sand, insulation and concrete on top. I take it that the MDPE pipe will need some ducting over it?

The waste pipe for the toilet is also around 50mm from the rear of the brickwork is this adequate? The MDPE for the mains water is 400mm from the waste pipe.

Thanks

Attachments

• mdpe.jpg
    mdpe.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
Sorry don’t understand the question you want the mains on the left of the underground waste also no 50mm isn’t enough as you have plaster etc

Off a finished wall waste needs to be around 105mm for a stnd toilet to the centre you plasterboard could end up at 30-75mm

Hi, thanks for replying, I have annotated the drawing sorry for the confusion. The red arrow shows the gap between the wall and the pipe where it bends upwards towards the finished floor level. I'm not sure if over time this will put undue pressure on the pipe and cause it to leak at which point the concrete would have to be taken out to repair. This is where I was thinking a 90 degree bend under the type 1 would help.

The waste pipe is 600mm from the left wall so we don't have much room on that side to route the mains water pipe. For the 105mm are you referring the to the green lines in the updated diagram? The length of the bathroom is limited so I wanted to keep the pipe as close to the wall as is feasible.

Attachments

• mdpe.jpg
    mdpe.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
I see can’t you dig down more also pipe insulation is a must or a sleeve

Also ideally you want 400mm from a wall to toilets and yes green is 105 off finished wall

Centre of pipe from finished wall inc covering for a stnd toilet

Reply to MDPE pipe concrete slab in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello there! I hope your weekend has started well. TL/DR: Should I replace 90-degree bend with a smaller type to increase the fall from the shower tray? I am replacing a bathtub with a 1500 X 800 Sonas shower tray which I will place on 4-inch blocks, probably with some 18mm marine ply on top...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with elbows), the last cm before the open end is pretty much straight, but as a result of the bend it is not perfectly round. I mean it is pretty much...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am new to this forum and would highly appreciate if someone could provide a guidance pls. Ours is a semi detached property with bungalow on the other side. The previous owner of our property did a 1st floor side and rear extension around 2015. The old bathroom was with saniflo system in...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have been on the phone to the Gas Safe Register, who have pointed me a bit in the right direction looking for certain information. I am in a situation where I have had a water pipe burst under a solid concrete and tile floor. The gas and water pipes were laid right next to each other in...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone just a quick question... currently got a external tap on rear of house, and would like to T off and take a feed around to garage. The shortest and hopefully less complicated route involves going underneath some wooden decking (about 4m). Is that ok to route to go? And if so what...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock