Search the forum,

Discuss Main sewer and wc connection help needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dylan Nelson

Hi, A nieghbour of mine is having a new groundfloor wc installed, The stack is at the opposite end of the house and the only option is to tap into the main sewer, They have unearthed around the pipe which is about 500mm or more wide. The building regs havent been much help in regards of what needs to be done apart from pay them. Am i correct in thinking that there is some sort of tapping in sleeve, please correct if i am wrong. All the other connections are fitted and we are just awaiting what to do to co0nnect to the main sewer in regards to fittings,cement and building regs. Thanks in advance.

Hi Historically if the 500 mm pipe was cement or clay based the 100 mm (4") pipe was connected via a concaved flanged pipe fitting which was bedded on with cement after cutting a hole to receive flange/spigot. The hole positioned at about 52 minuets to 12 if thinking in terms of a clock. Its good practice to build a manhole near the connection, this will allow testing of new line and maintaining completed installation. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Main sewer and wc connection help needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, I am after some advice in regards to an existing sewer house connection. I have a property where I am looking at completing a small townhouse development - 3 x 3bed townhouses. The existing sewer hc for the property is assumed to be a 100mm stub. When completing small developments...
Replies
Views
Need some advice, neighbors sewer drain keeps blocking up every few months. My wife and I have always chipped in with the other three neighbors for unclogging tho we never experience ours clogging up. Sure we had it clog up once and had it blown out with high pressure water from local plumber...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the branch) and plan to place it the opposite end of the room. I was pretty lucky to find a 110mm sewer waste pipe below the old sink which is the new...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted some confirmation regarding a PRV fitted to the mains supply in my building. All 6 flats in the building are now connected to the mains water feed supply and the water tanks in the attic have been disconnected (each flat has a combi gas boiler). I can see there are 2...
Replies
Views
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for help. I had a bathroom renovation done early this year which I did myself. I wanted to have a low level shower tray sitting flush to the ground and was not able to get access to the main vented stack as it's boxed in from the inside of the house and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock