Discuss Main sewer and wc connection help needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dylan Nelson

Hi, A nieghbour of mine is having a new groundfloor wc installed, The stack is at the opposite end of the house and the only option is to tap into the main sewer, They have unearthed around the pipe which is about 500mm or more wide. The building regs havent been much help in regards of what needs to be done apart from pay them. Am i correct in thinking that there is some sort of tapping in sleeve, please correct if i am wrong. All the other connections are fitted and we are just awaiting what to do to co0nnect to the main sewer in regards to fittings,cement and building regs. Thanks in advance.

Hi Historically if the 500 mm pipe was cement or clay based the 100 mm (4") pipe was connected via a concaved flanged pipe fitting which was bedded on with cement after cutting a hole to receive flange/spigot. The hole positioned at about 52 minuets to 12 if thinking in terms of a clock. Its good practice to build a manhole near the connection, this will allow testing of new line and maintaining completed installation. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Main sewer and wc connection help needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back