Search the forum,

Discuss Main 30HE - Heat leaking to CH when running DHW in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MartyP

I have a Main 30HE with the problem that when you run the DHW, the CH flow pipe gets hot. Not all the heat is passing down there as the DHW does get hot, but this is going to cause some efficiency problems as radiators are getting hot if you run a tap for long enough, and it is probably going to only get worse with time. I believe that the plate heat exchanger being blocked could cause this problem but was just wondering if anybody had come across this issue before and had any other suggestions.

Phone a gas safe registered engineer. Big orange box at top of page explains.

Ah ok I thought that might be the case. Feel free to delete thread. Fwiw I was a gas safe engineer until about 4 years ago, and probably still actually hold all the relevant qualifications, but totally understand the forum rules.

Ah ok I thought that might be the case. Feel free to delete thread. Fwiw I was a gas safe engineer until about 4 years ago, and probably still actually hold all the relevant qualifications, but totally understand the forum rules.

Thank you for being understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Main 30HE - Heat leaking to CH when running DHW in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for heat, the boiler fires up, modulates, but jumps very quickly (about 30 seconds or so from 40'ish all the way to 70, burner disengages putting it the...
Replies
Views
G
Morning Guys, I have a Worcester 230 Combi in a rental property that is going to overheat lockout after a couple of minutes on DHW, no issue when on CH but if DHW is called for when heating is on same fault occurs. System is clean as always had inhibitor so unlikely to be a blocked heat...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, Hopefully someone can throw some light on if this is a real issue or not. I have had this boiler for about 10 years, I noticed just recently that when the CH has been turned off that a couple of the rads closest to the boiler were slightly warm. When the boiler had demand to heat the DHW I...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
I am having a problem with my main 24he boiler where the flame is constantly clicking on and off with the heating and when using hot water. Some times the flame failure light comes on but it ignites again after a few seconds. The plumber has changed a couple of sensors on the boiler and checked...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock