Discuss losing pressure? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

queend

New Valliant Boiler fitted recently. Developed a problem with losing pressure soon after fitting and it has gradually got worse. We recently switched on the heating and now we lose the pressure completely over a 48 period. Engineer has checked for leaks and there are none, he has now put in the leak seal solution into the system but within hours after leaving we started to lose the pressure. Today we switched off the central heating but are still using the boiler to heat the hot water. We are still losing pressure.
Is there any other reason why we are losing pressure if we do not have a leak?

could be your problem leaking trough the glands on normal rad valves (not trvs)pull the plastic tops off any water/crud/corrosion on the gland there's your problem

Sorry probably should know but don't - what is a TRVS
and
if we do find any of the water/crud/corrosion - is the answer to replace the valves?
Thanks

Perhaps it wasn't - I will double check that with the Engineer who will have to come back out.
Thanks for being so helpful - just wondered if we are only heating hot water and not the radiators but still losing pressure, does that rule out a leak within the radiator pipework?

Perhaps it wasn't - I will double check that with the Engineer who will have to come back out.
Thanks for being so helpful - just wondered if we are only heating hot water and not the radiators but still losing pressure, does that rule out a leak within the radiator pipework?

no as you now have a pressurised system all associated pipework,valves etc comes into question,and if you do find problems with the valves then yes they need replacing btw trvs > thermostatic radiator valves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to losing pressure? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock