Search the forum,

Discuss Leak while trying to remove washing machine hose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

0liver12

Hi,

After attempting to remove a tightly fitted washing machine hose I am now getting a small leak. The photo attached show where the leak is appearing. I am quite the plumbing novice and I'm wondering if it is possible for me to fix this or does this require a plumber?

Thanks,
Oli

Photo is at http //s29.postimg.org/j0jdgk5dz/image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Photo is at this link http://s29.postimg.org/j0jdgk5dz/image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You will need 2 spanners or grips as you need to hold against yourself or it will just turn and may get worse.

If tightening doesn't do it stop the water via your main stopcock, undo the nut and wrap some ptfe tape around the thread of the valve it connects to. You'll have to use something to catch the residual water from the pipe when you undo the nut and take of the valve though. Then redo the nut onto the valve and it should sort it out. If in doubt get in a plumber.

don't wrap the ptfe round the thread but round the olive, you will get a better seal.

has the hose been cut?
if it is not having a new hose connected then swap the fitting for a stop end,
do the same with the hot water connecting as well,
you just need to push something into the cupboard catch the valve and could have quite a flood!

If tightening doesn't do it stop the water via your main stopcock, undo the nut and wrap some ptfe tape around the thread of the valve it connects to. You'll have to use something to catch the residual water from the pipe when you undo the nut and take of the valve though. Then redo the nut onto the valve and it should sort it out. If in doubt get in a plumber.

I do the same but only ever use a decent jointing compound like jet blue. Never used ptfe around olives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leak while trying to remove washing machine hose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We have noticed for a while now that when our washing machine nears the end of a cycle we get a bad smell of dirty water in the downstairs toilet which is next door. We have moved the washing machine as we are having floor tiles put down and have noticed that the waste pipe is full of dark...
Replies
Views
N
Hi all, First off, sorry if this is appearing in the wrong place, but I figure I might get some unbiased opinions on here and perhaps some first hand experience too. I've had bad experiences with dishwashers breaking down, leaking and flooding in the past, albeit they were commercial...
Replies
Views
Straight
S
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution I could see. I'm in Brisbane, Australia but I'm after general ideas from anyone here or in UK (I realise this is a UK based site). Point form...
Replies
Views
J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic control. The hot was not getting hot enough recently so (under instructions from the manufacturer) I removed the allen key valves bottom left and right...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, thanks for your time reading this! We have noticed a leak appearing from the built-in toilet in our main bathroom that's spreading around our floors (great start to the year!). I've removed the panel behind the flusher and can see the water inlet attaching to the Cistern is slowly...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock