Search the forum,

Discuss Aquastop hoses for dishwashers and washing machines in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

N

Nicholas

Hi all,

First off, sorry if this is appearing in the wrong place, but I figure I might get some unbiased opinions on here and perhaps some first hand experience too.

I've had bad experiences with dishwashers breaking down, leaking and flooding in the past, albeit they were commercial dishwashers and saw a lot of throughput. That's made me very apprehensive about getting a dishwasher, but the missus wants one, and so I'm trying to find one that is reliable with the lowest chance possible of causing a mess. I know it's paranoid, but that's trauma for you.

I'd like to know whether anyone has any experience or opinion on electronic aquastop hoses, the kind found on the higher end Bosch machines (and Siemens machines)? Do they actually reduce the chances of leaks and floods or is it just a gimmick? Do they cause other problems that are not too obvious at first? I also read a post somewhere that they should be connected to a down-facing tap vertical, but then I found one Bosch installation guide showing this (no words, just pictures...), while another one showed that they could be installed to a horizontal tap (also no words on that particular aspect of the installation). Bosch support were nice and vague even when pressed for a definitive answer, and I'm finding very little online.

Anyone any experience or advice on this?

Cheers in advance,

Nick

My only experience is you have to cut a massive hole in the kitchen unit to get them through.
Cheers Ben-gee. In our case that wouldn't be a problem as the cabinetry doesn't extend back to the wall - there's a 100mm or so space in behind, probably for the deeper worktops but helpful for bits like this.

I have exactly these questions Nicholas. What did you find out? I also need to know if the valve housing on the hose under the tap connector adds depth because unfortunately my tap is behind the dishwasher and prevents the dishwasher going back fully - so I can’t afford to lose any more depth to the recess space behind the appliance.

Reply to Aquastop hoses for dishwashers and washing machines in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
My mum is trying to connect a washing machine and dishwasher in her kitchen. She got a guy out to do the job and he ended up making a hole in her washing machine hose and ramming the dishwasher hose into it, held together with masking tape and charged her 200 quid for the privilege of her...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm installing a new kitchen which will have a dishwasher and washing machine. As I'm cutting/teeing into the cold mains 15mm pipe (before the kitchen sink taps) to feed the dishwasher and washing machine is it worth fitting a isolation valve with a built-in check valve? Regards Tezzer
Replies
Views
Hi all We noticed water suddenly backing up through the pipe for the dishwasher drainage pipe yesterday - first time this has happened. When I move the pipe up vertically, the issue goes away. The dishwasher is new and was installed a few months ago. Looking at the pipe on the wall it...
Replies
Views
Hi My washing machine is 5m away from the water mains copper pipe/valve. I've currently got a long blue inlet hose connecting the washing machine to the copper pipe/valve. Is this OK or should I get more copper pipe added and then use a shorter blue in let hose to connect the 2?
Replies
Views
Hi, all. I have a leak problem behind the washing machine. It's a pipe that is leaking directly into a drain. It used to drip but now is leaking a steady stream without stopping. Seems to be coming from water heater but I cannot tell. It is cold water. When I turn off the main water supply, it...
Replies
Views
Pritesh Patel
P
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock