Search the forum,

Discuss Washing machine inlet hose Q in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

My washing machine is 5m away from the water mains copper pipe/valve. I've currently got a long blue inlet hose connecting the washing machine to the copper pipe/valve.

Is this OK or should I get more copper pipe added and then use a shorter blue in let hose to connect the 2?

Inlet hose length can be as long as you want. Any plumber should do their best to make it as small as possible purely for good workmanship, but I certainly wouldn't go moving one for the sake of it if you already had a long hose on it.

Waste hoses are a different story. If you ever have to extend your hose you need to check the instructions for maximum pump distances. Even then the shorter the better.

If your long inlet hose is in one piece, you should be fine.
I had a similar situation in a holiday cottage when, unknown to me, the washing machine installer used two hoses connected in series. Some years later a damp patch started to appear in a room below. Upon investigation there has been a slight leak from the join in the hose, over a long period of time, which had spread over a big area affecting the chipboard floor and base of the kitchen cabinets. Quite a mess! ☹️

Reply to Washing machine inlet hose Q in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock