Search the forum,

Discuss Labour cost for new central heating? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammathias

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just a quick one, basically just wondering what everyones charging to fit a new central heating system and weather i am undercharging....

Take out bbu,fire,cylinder,tanks in attic all rads and pipework.
Install combi on outside wall
upgrade 14m of gas pipework
new 8 rad central heating system
replace hot pipework approx 20m.

Just a quick rough estimate would be great!
i live in south wales so probably abit cheaper than england.

4-6k looking about a weeks work unless there 4-6 of you

I probably wouldn't go as high as 6. But depends on all the factors really.

Well you could charge what you like the likes of bg and pims down London do

:) was going to say id only be working few month a year if that was the case!
Was in Pembrokeshire the beginning of the school holidays. Went to a camp site in Saundersfoot and took the kids Pembroke castle. Great day out. I know it has nothing to do with the conversation but just thought I would say.:p:D

A week !!! Are you superman in disguise ???

With materials and I can if you pay me enough run round in a cape if that floats your boat :D

I would sit happily on a stool in red tights and a cape to see you do that lot in a week , do you work 24 hours a day ?

I would sit happily on a stool in red tights and a cape to see you do that lot in a week , do you work 24 hours a day ?

There are people doing them in 3 days wam bam all push fit, it's not a big system 7am-5pm (10 hours) so that's 60 hours to install and commission a new system

Unless it's a tip/ hoarder it's do able

;)
Was in Pembrokeshire the beginning of the school holidays. Went to a camp site in Saundersfoot and took the kids Pembroke castle. Great day out. I know it has nothing to do with the conversation but just thought I would say.:p:D
Saundersfoot local to me, lovely place...just full of too many damn tourists in the summer;)

Ill be honest usually about ÂŁ1100 so abit below the belt. I have done a few fully furnished houses in 4 days on my own. Not a bit of plastic apart from.the condensate:D

Ill be honest usually about ÂŁ1100 so abit below the belt. I have done a few fully furnished houses in 4 days on my own. Not a bit of plastic apart from.the condensate:D

Lol , I am doing something wrong then

Lol , I am doing something wrong then

sorry to say your the wrong end of life (40 plus)

theres literately no money in installs better money in swaps

I agree, much better money in swaps. But i prefer still getting stuck into installs. Probably think different in 10+ years when my knees are shafted!

I normally just cut around the furniture with a Stanley knife if they dont shift it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Labour cost for new central heating? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I would like to add an additional radiator to our central heating system. We have an attached double garage converted to a man-cave and workshop...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open...
Replies
Views
L
Hey everyone, I'll keep it short. Had our old system boiler replaced with a new Ideal system boiler set up. Then the problems began. First...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock