Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen water feeds and UFH in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flappy8

Hi,

The kitchen/diner is going to be fitted with UFH. It will be a block and beam floor with a small later of sharp sand to level, 100mm insulation and then a 55mm anhandryte screed. Should the water feeds to the kitchen be pipe in pipe on the block/beam under/in the bottom of the insulation or in the screed layer? Is there a freezing problem below -I see a heating problem if it's in the screed because the pies will have to cross the UFH at some point.

Any thoughts welcome

Hi there the last time I done what youre proposing cut channel in insulation and laid pipes on bison floor in 25 mm insulation but dare say someone may shoot me down for this..brum

I usually put the cold in under the insulation, in lagging. Then the insulation with the hot on top in lagging again. Followed by the ufh. You have to be clever with how you run the hot so it doesn't muck h up your ufh runs.

When I say insulation actually mean 25 mm lagging..brum

As said works fine, we do that all the time. Have got to be careful with the cold not picking up any heat to.
I'm always paranoid about that, especially when the house is on a loop so the hot pipe will be hot all the time, keep them well apart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kitchen water feeds and UFH in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I had an outside tap fitted by a professional plumber last autumn. During the recent cold weather the feed pipe under the kitchen sink froze and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ? Does anything look strange about the Rockwool insulation to...
Replies
Views
N
Hi - some advice would be appreciated. We are doing a refurb and are having water based underfloor heating installed. The top layer will be 15mm...
Replies
Views
Gnorw er’uoy
G
Hi all I have a problem with my hot water header tank getting warm water into it from the bottom of the header tank (not the hooked...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 5 bed house with underfloor heating on all 3 floors.I also have converted attic. UFH was installed in year 2000. I want to put low...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock