Search the forum,

Discuss Extending water UFH to attic in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I have 5 bed house with underfloor heating on all 3 floors.I also have converted attic. UFH was installed in year 2000.
I want to put low temp rads in attic (it currently has no heating!) and feed water from UFH on floor below.

Question 1: Is this a sensible approach?

Question 2: Is this easy to do? Any decent plumber can do?

Question 3: See image from manifold directly below attic. I think I need to run a pipe from this manifold upwards to the ceiling and into the large converted attic. I'm trying to figure out where to make the hole in the ceiling - in advance of plumbing work. I've put some numbered circles on the attached picture. Where in the manifold do I attach pipe that will go up to ceiling?

NB: I also have a second manifold in another room.

Attachments

• UFH1.jpg
    UFH1.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
From that pic, nowhere. You would need to tap into pipe prior to 2 port valve that controls the manifold.

From that pic, nowhere. You would need to tap into pipe prior to 2 port valve that controls the manifold.

Thanks Simon,
Maybe this second photo makes a difference? This is a second manifold in a different room. Could this be used to run up the attic (low temp rads).

Attachments

• UGH28.jpg
    UGH28.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 12
I had this system drained down and serviced recently. The guy who did it has 20 years+ experience with this stuff. He indicated that it would be east to get heating into attic???

Reply to Extending water UFH to attic in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock