Discuss Isar in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Went to service one of these nails tonight , all worked fine on service nothing showing odd but customer said boiler fires up on heating randomly for about 3 or 4 mins then shuts off again . She said no demand on heating yet still does it .

Any ideas chaps normally just rip these models out .

Inbuilt Frost protection ?? Faulty.

Last edited by a moderator:
She said it just does it randomly had a honeywell cm whatever wireless stat. But that was off yet she says it still ramps up for few mins and is getting more frequent however when i serviced it nothing like that happened .

Did questioning the diverter was a touch of tracking down the flow pipe when hot water was running but nothing than was overly hot , i asked her if all the rads got hot when this issue happens and she reckons so .

Did questioning the diverter was a touch of tracking down the flow pipe when hot water was running but nothing than was overly hot , i asked her if all the rads got hot when this issue happens and she reckons so .

sounds like dv failing or phex blocked causing it to dump down on preheat

I'm not sure on the isars, but it does sound like a preheat symptom... I thought it was a common fault on these types of things probs as gas man says...

Was probs doing it before, custard always asks for a service thinking its a repair!!

I'm not sure on the isars, but it does sound like a preheat symptom... I thought it was a common fault on these types of things probs as gas man says...

Was probs doing it before, custard always asks for a service thinking its a repair!!
oh how often do we find that,they think a service will cure it,then the bads ones we occasionally get who say it was fine before you serviced it

As per gasman preheat kicking in but div valve cartridge has had it so dumping down heating.
Check motorised head operating ok and change the div cartridge.

Agree with above, also check the rf stat isn't playing up
I haven't fitted the Honeywell ones, but some of the others need the frequency altered to stop any interfence which can cause intermittent firing

Ask what symbol comes up when it fires. Known for diverter if it's the honeywell unit.

Ye, preheat coming on, either a t or a d. There's a couple of different diverter valves on these. I've had several with the red top Honeywell actuator that has failed. The rest position on the diverter is ch. So the diverter doesn't push the pin in and the ch comes on, but the DHW never gets to temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Isar in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Evening All, Been having on and off issues with a Greenstar CDI classic Combi were the hot water is not heating up but only intermittently. Some...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring...
Replies
Views
Evening all. Can anyone help me with a bit of advice. We “inherited“ a Potterton Prima 60F boiler (which we were told in 2013 was 3/4 years old)...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hey all Looking for a consensus on an issue that has arisen. Disclaimer is that my ideal icos 12 boiler Is over 10 years old but has been...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock