Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton Prime Overheat Stat in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Evening all.
Can anyone help me with a bit of advice.

We “inherited“ a Potterton Prima 60F boiler (which we were told in 2013 was 3/4 years old). It turns out after checking Serial number with Potterton that it was manufactured in 2003.

Had it regularly serviced but a few weeks ago it failed to come on in the morning. I found the over temperature reset - pressed it and it restarted.

Failed several more times so the Service chap checked it over when he came and said he though that the flue was the problem.

Normally I have hot water and heating on from 7.00am to 9.00am and then hot water 4.00pm to 6.00pm with heating 4.00pm to 9.00pm.

I changed the timings and had hot water on 5.00am to 7.00am. Today, for example, hot water worked ok but no heating when we got up - had to reset again.

After service it has still continued to fail and the chap is currently looking to quote us for a replacement due to the age!

What I can’t understand is that it will work ok for a longish period then it will go off on the room stat but (now a couple of times a day) it has to be reset for it to restart.

Is there anything else anyone could suggest as to the cause of the problem? Could it be a faulty Boiler thermostat for example?

Any ideas would be welcome as sods law it’s happening on the coldest days of the year.

Kind Regards

David

Reply to Potterton Prime Overheat Stat in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Following on from my question about monitoring F & R temperatures, I needed a measuring device because the overheat stat. frequently trips and then needs to be reset. It normally happens when the boiler has switched off and is no doubt due to the hot water rising to the top of the boiler, but I...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Pilot light extinction problem on an old Myson Economist has been traced to a faulty overheat limit stat. It's a Ranco LM5P8037 which is now obsolete. It's a 2A 30mv 110 degree stat with a coil inserted into a pocket on the flow outlet. Will any other Ranco limit stat with similar...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I'm having a nightmare at the moment with lazy Homecare BG engineers but that's another story. I'm pretty competent, so looking for a bit of guidance. I have a fsb 30, yes Ive heard all the stuff about these being rubbish. it kind of works ok BUT lately (after a so called BG fix)...
Replies
Views
Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It required a drain and refill of the system, and as he left, he advised my I would need to bleed all the radiators, at some point, given a few days, when...
Replies
Views
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't compatible with the new universal one, but the wiring was pretty close AFAICT (N, L, 1, 3 & 4 connected) .When I first powered it up but didn't have any TRVs...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock