Search the forum,

Discuss Is this drainage pipe needed in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Everyone

I have just removed a floor to find out where a WC waste pipe goes. As you will see from the picture, it branches off a long way and is then capped off. I cannot see that it needs this long extension on the right hand side, running along the wall. I presume I could cut it back to nearer the swept bendnear the down pipe. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Paul

Attachments

• 20220725_121538.jpg
    20220725_121538.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 20220725_121542.jpg
    20220725_121542.jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20220725_121715.jpg
    20220725_121715.jpg
    334.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 20220725_121753.jpg
    20220725_121753.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 13
Where do your smaller wastes go ?

Your fine then can remove the length and add an access cap in the now open end

Reply to Is this drainage pipe needed in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all We noticed water suddenly backing up through the pipe for the dishwasher drainage pipe yesterday - first time this has happened. When I move the pipe up vertically, the issue goes away. The dishwasher is new and was installed a few months ago. Looking at the pipe on the wall it...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This was all then covered with dot and dab. Shown in the picture, red arrow. So the only thing visible now is a round pipe from the wall. We are yet to fit...
Replies
Views
Hi! Totally inexperienced DIY newbie so bear with me for descriptions! Pictures hopefully help. I’m trying to remove an unused downstairs toilet in our new house. It’s eventually going to be moved to the other side of the house. The seal around the back of the toilet had failed so I switched...
Replies
Views
Morning. I have a leak. It’s coming from the connector pipe….the picture shows the pipe. It is a cold water pipe going in to the back of my dishwasher. I assume the washer may need a replacement. Anyway I cannot for the life of me turn the water off I.e at this cap. I understand I should turn...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them? They are the pipes that feed water back into the top of the tanks when there is excess, presumably from steam, expansion, etc. The one going to the cold...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock