Discuss installing standard efficiency boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyplumb

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I was in the suppliers the other day and they were telling me that there best selling boiler is the vokera compact se, he said by along way too. it's a stack em high and sellem cheap sort of a place, so he's not caring what he's selling as long as there selling :shades_smile:

my question is, do you/ would you install a se boiler if that's what the customer wants.

wouldnt know where to get one, why would you want one..........so no i wouldnt

I thought se boilers were outlawed and only he replacements would do something to do with sedbuk rating? regards Turnpin:sosp:

Vokera says these boilers are for situations where a condensing boiler is not suitable, does that mean it's ok to fit if the customer is skint, the weans are needing shoes on there feet and it'll be 3 weeks before the next giro comes in

Last edited:
if memory serves you can't just bash it in, you have to get permission to install an se appliance now

most don't care about regs up here, it's vokeraland, cheap and cheerful,
plenty ads combi to combi ÂŁ795 etc
no room stat, not flushed and seen plenty with 15mm gas
i'am thinking if you cant beat them join them, I don't have a problem with the no room stat or the flushing as you only get 1 year boiler warranty anyway, but I wouldn't do the 15mm gas

I fitted one a few month or so back as a direct replacement, probably bought it from the same place (Hillington).
I never batted an eye or lost any sleep over it.

BTW there is no part L or any other part ?? up this way but it is all covered by Building Standards Scotland if anyone cares to look it up and read the differences.

Compact needing a pcb an expansion vessel a blow off and a leaking flexi. Cheaper to swap the lot.
People will only pay what they can pay and i never joined the polis (i wish i had as one of the guys i ran about with at school joined the polis and is retired at 54 with a pension of about ÂŁ1800/m)

In the Part L regulation you can install a standard / non condensing boiler if you complete the check list. This gives you a list of questions which you get points for. I think that if you get more than 100 points you can then install a non condensing boiler. Some of the questions are flue length and condense drain position. The customer cannot decide on the position of the boiler. Someone with more knowledge on Part L can elaborate....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to installing standard efficiency boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, Our bathroom fitters have finished the first fix. However, when the tiler came round, he pointed out these issues: Standard...
Replies
Views
A
Previously had a WB Greenstar R28 HE System boiler with 4 pipes and vented (gravity fed) cylinder. No valves or pumps outside of the boiler...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi gents and ladies, Making the probable mistake of buying a house at present : bit of a fixer with a shoddy but recent boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock