Search the forum,

Discuss System boiler with vented system (bodged new install, what next) in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

A

ahuklon

Previously had a WB Greenstar R28 HE System boiler with 4 pipes and vented (gravity fed) cylinder. No valves or pumps outside of the boiler. Worked fine for 20 years.

Decided to change to Viessmann 050-W System boiler when WB failed but keep the same set up with cylinder. Gas Safe installer I chose didn't know what he was doing and reckoned additional motorised valves were needed. Viessmann tech tells me there is already a 2 port valve in the system boiler that serves hot water with priority and heats the central heating. It just needs the correct connections from thermostats, cylinder etc to talk to the boiler and tell the valves which flow and return to heat. 230v switching for hot water can't be directly be wired in without going through a Veissmann box.

So I can approach a competent installer with clarity and knowledge: Does anyone have experience of system boilers with a vented system and specifically getting the non-Veissmann stat/programmer to communicate with the Veissmann boiler?

Can anyone confirm that a system boiler does indeed have the valves and pump to run what I have (like my WB did)?

System boiler with vented system (bodged new install, what next)

Are you sure it’s still vented? Should have been converted to a system boiler setup (Sealed). The boiler doesn’t usually contain the motorised valve, so can you post a photo of cylinder location and existing controls? Are you hoping for priority hot water or just for the system to work?

Reply to System boiler with vented system (bodged new install, what next) in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig cupboard & a megaflo (no tank in loft). However the exisiting boiler is Vaillant ecoTEC 4xx boiler - which is satated by vaillant as an "open vent" boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping to replace an old system boiler with a Vaillant Ecotec Exclusive 627 system boiler, thats the one with the diverter valve so no need for zone valves, controling it with a V-Smart and a VR10. I've spoken to Vaillant Tech and they said you cannot use the VR10 with a vented...
Replies
Views
I am looking into a new Main eco compact / Baxi 618 system boiler set up for PDHW (if its possible) I was hoping to use the EPH controls priority hot water pack I currently have a 15year old HWC around 900mm tall by 450mm dia would I benefit from a new fast recovery HWC for the system (I...
Replies
Views
During an install of new boiler ('old' boiler died after 11-12 years) the system was "drained" but I guess maybe 90% of water was left in the (rather large) underfloor pipe system. What is the best way to tell how much inhibitor should be added in this case? (also taking account that system was...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I currently have an ideal mexico 2 heat only boiler - It has one DAB pump on the boiler return and a 2 port valve at the flow pipe to allow for heating...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock