Search the forum,

Discuss immersions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WOLDEN

who ever use,s hawk ( yellow) paste on immersions should be shot , had to use blow torch to dis lodge old one . silcone sealant is the way . :)

are you having a laugh ! try jet blue silicone is probs the worst thing you can use it doesnt set in water ?

using the fibre washer and a very small amount of jet blue is the answer! silicone? not to sure about that!

not tubes of mastic .. the little white tub stuff . . when you go back . nice and easy .

i dont like going back to jobs, so i use ct1 silicone. will last the 5 years i need until the maintenance contract gets retendered!!

Only ever needed to use a compound on an immersion once and used Boss Green as it doesn't set.

Once came across an immersion "stuck in" with Stag paste - had to use blowtorch on that one too to free it up and even then was touch and go!

Please do'nt use boss white:(

I have to think ahead now because most of my work I will be going back to in the future when the immersion heater requires replacing again
Atfer trying all sorts of joints have settled for washer that comes with immersion and ptfe tape,not on thread but I use about half a reel,I put my fingures over thread and then rap round the top of immersion forming another washer,then screw into cylinder and just tighten and a little tap to seal,job done ,never leaks and go back in 3,5,7 years and it comes out like butter :D
After saying all that ,why can not they supply a nice thick juicy backing washer in the first place I do not know,maybe someone should start to supply them seperate,make a killing (ish)
I pay extra for incoloy so the extra expence for a decent washer would not make much differance
I feel alot better now I have got mt ptfe fetish out in the open:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Fibre washer and boss white

I always use ptfe and a smear of compound, not lsx as this sets and makes removal a pig.

You can't use boss white on potable water

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to immersions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock