Currently reading:
I'm working in this adverse weather to repair boilers who else is? and where

Discuss I'm working in this adverse weather to repair boilers who else is? and where in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dibbo

Hi Everyone

been a while since i have posted here, Lovley weather for fixing boilers and plumbing, BUT my phone is not ringing in the yorkshire, humberside, lincolnshire areas. Anyone else in the country having the same problem, I'm an ex homeserve contractor highley experanced in boiler repairs, but the phone is dead. (were all doomed)

Dave.07966144014

It will only ring if people know who you are and where to find you.

No bait break, lunch or tea break today (and returned to supper about 15 seconds before the dog had it). Same tomorrow. (Away Weds). Same Thursday and probably Friday.

Thought it was going to be relatively easy this week until a delivery was late again and then a burst pipe for one of my favourite customers.

Super busy this time last year as well.

Must admit, I had a few too many days off in the summer.

properly busy here in south Wales boilers braking left right and indeed centre

My phones ringing but I cant get out of my drive!. Should have went for the Big Boy 4x4 motor instead of the sensible van!!

im busy in my office, just had to tiurn the trv down, damn thing making me hot.more tea anyone?

im busy in my office, just had to tiurn the trv down, damn thing making me hot.more tea anyone?

I'm running around Northern Ireland, freezing me jacobs off, not lookin forward to working wayyyyyyyy down the bottom of Ireland next week and thinking I couldn't possibly hate anyone more than I possibly do at the moment.......

Then you post that there Fuzz! :p:p:p

sorry mate, what was that? i was busy enjoying a scone with my tea, going home in a mo, dont fancy leaving my big arm chair/office chair

Hello Dave
Give Heateam (Baxi, Potterton) a call we have too much work at the moment and they might be recruiting in your area. Nice company to work for although under pressure during winter time.

Heateam

okay so a question for all you engineer's....if you were to fit a boiler in a house where a family lived would they have to leave the house for hour's while you do so?

we are having trouble with our landlord,we havent had heating or hot water for a while now and it's really frustrating as my landlord always thinks he's right. i know the answer to my question is proberly no. but i thought i may check any way because you can never be to sure. and im not a 100% on leaving all of our belongings in a house while to strange men fit a boiler in it thanks for any reply's Becky.

no that's unacceptable to expect you to leave,you may rent but at the end of the day its your home fair enough if you have children and have politely been asked to keep them away from the work activities as they are dangerous etc but its your home and your belongings dig your heels in or try to come to a compromise

thank you i thought as much, do u fit boilers if so how long does it normally take and do you have to turn off gas water and electric to fit one?

it does depend on what the existing system is and being converted to,gas yes,water yes elec yes if modifying to a fuse spur etc

okay, i havent a clue what that means lol but thank for answering my question i will deffo dig my heels in now and put him in his place thanks again.

im in cheshire really busy last week, fully booked this week coming, had 2 days off week before last tho, thats the quietest weve been all year long.

I feel really chuffed when a customer pops by and casually say's they've got to go out. Around 50% of my customers leave me on my own to watch the house while they go shopping or whatever.

But on the whole I prefer customers to stay around (unless it's a major 2-3+ day job) because if I need to bleed their bedroom radiator for example and they come back when I'm in there, although they look comfortable with the situation I don't feel at all easy.

With large jobs I arrive early (for me) then have a long bait break, a short lunch break and a tiny 3pm break and run away at 4:30pm to 5:00pm. I don't like customers watching me when I have a break but then that's me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I'm working in this adverse weather to repair boilers who else is? and where in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock