Currently reading:
im doing a corse with t4ts. stuck on sceniano 1

Discuss im doing a corse with t4ts. stuck on sceniano 1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bl1ngboi

i have done everything i can think of for replacement of the ball valve. i seemed to have done it the first time but cant understand what i have done. anyone done this. you have to drain a bit of the main water tank. but how. plumbing scenario 1 t4ts

Tie up the ball valve then drain off some water from the system, if you can isolate the supply to the ball valve first, there should be a isolation valve (silver compression thing about two inches long just before the ball valve), if not isolate the main supply, drain down and put on a service valve for the next time.

try turning on the hot water tap for 10 second dont forget to replace the tank lids.

You need to isolate the water supply to the tank, go to the bathroom and run the tap to emty the tank, then fix the float operated valve or "ballcock". Also you need to replace the stop valve under the kitchen sink. Dont forget to do a full cold water system check which involved checking all isolation valves on toilets sinks ect and run all the cold taps to make sure they are 20 degrees..
Im not an experienced plumber but I completed this scenario the other day hope I have helped.
If any of my terminology is wrong hopefully someone will correct me.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I can't help with your question sorry but just wanted to ask some advice about your course. I'm weighing up my options as to the best way of getting into plumbing and thinking of doing a course like yours. What is your course like is it good? How much have you paid if you don't mind me asking and would you say its been worth the money? would you reccomend it to others? Which qualifiaction are you doing and have your course coordinators helped you with looking for work for when you are qualified? Finally where are you doing your course? So Many questions sorry! Any advice would be greatly appreciated though cheers buddy and good luck with the rest of your course!

check all taps isolate all valves, which i am sure you will have done, freeze pipe in kitchen drain system replace stop valve and dont forget to go to the hallway landing and go into the cupboard and and isolate feed there as well. test all taps and turn all valves on. replace ball cock, job done. hope helps ok.

check all taps isolate all valves, which i am sure you will have done, freeze pipe in kitchen drain system replace stop valve and dont forget to go to the hallway landing and go into the cupboard and and isolate feed there as well. test all taps and turn all valves on. replace ball cock, job done. hope helps ok.

What a pile of crap lol

I'm guessing its train 4 trade or something like that, I think they need to teach them more real world plumbing though.

Ah, right. Is that one of these online plumbing training things?

There are somethings where reading can only take you so far...plumbing one of em.

I spent the whole of today crawling around in a loft, banging my head and cursing at my career choice. I think all new recruits should do that for a week, if they come back on week 2 you know that they're serious!!!!

Ah, right. Is that one of these online plumbing training things?

There are somethings where reading can only take you so far...plumbing one of em.

I spent the whole of today crawling around in a loft, banging my head and cursing at my career choice. I think all new recruits should do that for a week, if they come back on week 2 you know that they're serious!!!!

I hear that!!!

hope this helps scenario 1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to im doing a corse with t4ts. stuck on sceniano 1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock