Discuss Ikea Water Trap Leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly I would take it back to the shop if you can however that could mean a long wait for a replacement so try a smear of LSX leak sealant around the outside of the Blue ring with all faces nice and dry. Can be found in B&Q.
Does LSX help at all ? Never used that stuff and always wondered if this product helps. If so where do you use it?

I rate it Ron, use it where pipe connection are old or have been bodged before.

I wouldn't fit the Ikea wastes. Don't marry up very well with the mcalpine etc. One of my customers bought their own sink, tap etc. I said I wouldn't fit the Ikea trap so many extra fittings to connect to our 40mm pipework, so many opportunities for a potential leak. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ikea Water Trap Leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey guys! I'm no DIY'er but have managed to replace our kitchen sink with a bigger one from ikea. I've done everything I can and now have the main...
Replies
Views
Hi. I get a slight leak of water in the bowl. Any advice re the attached please. Thank you in advance
Replies
Views
M
Hi, I've got a brand new (2nd hand) Bosch Hydropower 16H tankless hot water heater. Since it was installed I have noticed it leaks a lot. I took...
Replies
Views
  • Question
A while ago I replaced a leaky, corroded sink trap. That all appears to be fine, I can't find any leaks with it, and everything under the sink...
Replies
Views
D
I have a hot water slab leak which is found behind my bathroom vanity. We heard the noise for a week but never saw any water. Just today we saw...
Replies
Views
drpepper68
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock