Search the forum,

Discuss ideas for small hot water requirement pls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

joleb

Hi All
I'll start by saying I'm not a plumber, so plain english would be very much appreciated!

I have a kitchen with utility and wc next door. The hot water comes from miles away from a cylinder that is only on for this hot water (we do need the cylinder, so can't get rid of it - it feeds a presently unused en-suite). We are in a bunglow with about 4 -5 foot of loft space above.

What I want to know, what can I do to provide hot water to these 3 taps? Another domestic cylinder is too big for my needs, instant hot water would be fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what products will do the job?

Thank you
jo

There are many things on the market for doing this sort of job. I would suggest having a look at the Heatrae Sadia website or Santon. There are more sites of course. They sell electric, gas heaters and a few solar, you can choose from.

A lot is going to depend on what space you have and where your services are. It may be that you chose an electric water heater but then usually you have to factor in the cost of running in cable from the meter . Then again you might choose gas, the same applies for the gas supply, ventilation and flue position.

Also of course whichever one you choose you have got to consider water supply and how easy it would be to get a supply to it.

And of course cost.

Sorry, I can't be more specific, a lot does depend on site conditions as to which may be the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Bernie2, you've been very helpful!

Our water actually runs through the loft and down the wall to all taps, we have a secondary fuseboard in our utility, no gas. I will check out the websites.

Thanks again
jo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ideas for small hot water requirement pls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock