Discuss Ideal Mexico Pilot Safety Device in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jura

I have serviced an Ideal Mexico Super CF 3/80. On turning off the gas supply the pilot goes out. If the gas valve is reopened gas still flows through the pilot for about 20-30 seconds and then the valve reseats to shut off the pilot. Can anyone tell me what the max time allowed is for the valve to shut off and hence make the device safe.

Is it just the thermocouple is still hot and only shuts off the gas when it cools?

So it's 60 seconds and that's fine for this boiler as I'm within the tolerance. Thanks all for your replies.

sometimes the valve wont shut of completely which will then need replacing if it fails a tightness test

Are you gas safe registered jura, knowing how a gas safety device operates and the amount of time it should operate within, should be common knowledege to you?

if it shuts of between 10 - 20 seconds it means its on its way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Mexico Pilot Safety Device in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an old Modena 80 E combi boiler that is randomly short cycling on windy days. The burner goes out and re-ignites within a few seconds and...
Replies
Views
I have a 40 year old Glowworm Hideaway 100. I have lived in this house for 8 years and it has been faultless, until recently. The pilot light...
Replies
Views
B
I have a new shower that has worked fine, albeit with low hot water pressure, for a couple of months. Now it starts hot, but then goes cold...
Replies
Views
In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back