Search the forum,

Discuss Shower going cold, hot water supply gets cut off completely? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

B

belgianwaffle

I have a new shower that has worked fine, albeit with low hot water pressure, for a couple of months. Now it starts hot, but then goes cold completely, sometimes after a couple of minutes, sometimes after less than 30 seconds.

Meanwhile, on the side of the bathroom sink, there are no issues with either hot water pressure or hot water delivery.

So, I tried closing the hot water supply on the boiler side first:

1) Sink: No hot water at all (as expected).

2) Shower: There was still some cold water coming out of the showerhead with the thermostatic valve set completely to hot.

I then went back to the boiler and reopened the hot water supply and closed the cold water one.

1) Sink: Again, there was a constant supply of hot water with good pressure.

2) Shower: The water started coming out hot (low pressure, though), but then, after 15-20 seconds just stopped, as if I had shut off the valve completely.

What is going on here? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. The combi boiler is a Viessman Vitopend 100.

Reply to Shower going cold, hot water supply gets cut off completely? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my bathroom, and according to the plumber who fitted the new taps, high-pressure taps were fitted. Consequently, the water from taps is of a low volume...
Replies
Views
Hi I've seen a previous thread that is closed now regarding this subject but the end result I could not see. Our Shower runs hot for 30 seconds then cold. I have changed the thermostat and it still runs cold after 30 seconds. If we run the hot tap it is better but at best, luke warm. We have a...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I had a wet room fitted just over a year ago using a local authority grant. Builder was employed by local authority. I had no say in who carried out the work. I have called the builder out under the guarantee several times for water leaks. The shower...
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
HI Iam hoping someone can provide guidance on a heating problem. I have a (old) Ideal isar HE35 where there is no hot water for the 2 showers at the property, there is water flow but not warm. I can confirm there is hot water from the sink/bath (downstairs and upstairs). I noticed that the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock