Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Logic System S24IE in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

JusKel

Gas Engineer
This boiler was flooded through the condense drain which was connected to a gutter downpipe that was blocked at the end. The people came home to a flooded kitchen. Water came back up the condense tru the trap up the heat exchanger and out tru the fan and gas valve connection imside the casing then out onto the floor
I dried it out and tested it. Issue with pump seems to be staying on constant now with just power on no switch live call. Also occassional vibration noise like the air/gas mixture is wrong.
Not sure if pump or pcb is issue, but looks like the gas valve might be damaged.
If was just one part then possible to repair, but most likely to opt for a new boiler if multiple issues start arising.
Anyone had any constant running pump issues ?

Attachments

• 20200611_115658.jpg
    20200611_115658.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 10
There was water in the display, so I stripped out the board to check and dry. Gave everything the hairdryer treatment. Possible that connector might have needed more. Defintely got wet at pump side, but those connectors have a rubber seal so weren't wet at the pins , but gave them a blast of the dryer too. The second connector seems to control modulation and possible on/off function. Does anyone know how to test voltage here to check if it's pcb or pump issue ?

Reply to Ideal Logic System S24IE in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Got up on Wednesday morning no hot water, (only cold water coming out of hot tap). Checked boiler, it had zero pressure and F1 fault showing. So I refilled the pressure using the filling loop, up to about 1bar which is where it usually is, which worked fine, had hot water all day. Same thing...
Replies
Views
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when the Gledhill controls for the “hot water” and “central heading” are turned on the Ideal boiler makes a constant “clicking” noise and tries to start...
Replies
Views
Ideal Logic Heat 15 System Boiler Hi. Just started to get an F3 Fan Fault on this boiler. On power up there seems to be a quiet thump from somewhere then it goes through the start up sequence. It spends a few seconds on the ‘c’ display before coming up with the F3 error code. Can anyone advise...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
W
Hi all, I've got a bit of a strange issue relating to my Ideal Logic Combi 35 which has recently started displaying a F2 error when trying to use the central heating system. The boiler works fine when using hot water, however when I try to turn on the central heating system the boiler works...
Replies
Views
Williams25
W
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock