Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Logic Combi 35 in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

W

William25

Hi all, I've got a bit of a strange issue relating to my Ideal Logic Combi 35 which has recently started displaying a F2 error when trying to use the central heating system.

The boiler works fine when using hot water, however when I try to turn on the central heating system the boiler works for around 5 minutes (enough to get the radiators lukewarm) before displaying the error. Has worked fine up until this point. I've searched online about the code, and learnt that it means the boiler flame has gone out but I find it strange that the hot water works fine all of the time and the central heating doesn't.

I had a local reputable gas engineer to service the boiler today / look at the issue. He seems to think it is the probes (think he means electrodes) which he cleaned but recommends replacing them in the near future. However, searching online I can't see any mention of the probes causing this F2 error and don't want to pay for these parts to be replaced if they aren't relating to the issue. The boiler passed its service, but the F2 error still persists.

Has anyone had a similar experience / issue? And has replacing the probes fixed it? I'm an avid DIYer but wouldn't touch anything gas related myself. I appreciate any advice you guys can give. Cheers.

when was it serviced, what the presure on the boiler when not running, has the condence trap been cleaned?

when was it serviced, what the presure on the boiler when not running, has the condence trap been cleaned?

Hi cjg, thanks for the reply. It was serviced on the Friday just passed. The pressure reading is just under 1.5bar at the moment. I presume the trap has been cleaned with the service, but can’t be certain I will check.

I’ve just turned on the central heating typing this reply to check and it hasn’t displayed the error code now, so I guess the error is more intermittent if that helps in any diagnosis? Cheers.

Reply to Ideal Logic Combi 35 in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock