Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Ideal Isar weird noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys, my boiler was doing it since I bought the house a year ago but now it is doing it more often and all night. Before it kicks in it is making a scratching noise, hard to describe. I tried to show to my gas engineer but of course it was fine when he was at my house. Maybe it is normal for ****ty Ideal Isar boilers. I managed to record it

Any ideas?

time for a gas safe engy thats not normal even for an isar :D

Engineer turned up, investigated and the verdict was - actuator valve head. Advised me not to spend 250 quid on repair, save money and wait until the boiler brakes, then get a new Vaillant with 10 years warranty parts and labour. Didn't charge me a penny as well

You could get a one off fixed price repair from Ideal if your finances are stretched ? the reason being if additional parts are needed then this will be covered in the cost you pay, If not I would advise you get it changed . Kop

Reply to Ideal Isar weird noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Hi, I wonder if anyone can offer any advice/solutions... I have a boiler, a Valient EcoTec 28 pro, which was fitted a year ago. It makes a droning...
Replies
Views
L
Im just wondering if anyone can give me some advice as had 2 plumbers round and still getting same issue. Ive recently loved into a new house and...
Replies
Views
W
  • Question
My Worcester Combi Boiler is not working, instead the display flashes on and off repeatedly, as shown in <a href=" View...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock