Search the forum,

Discuss Valient Ecotec Pro Droning Noise in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I wonder if anyone can offer any advice/solutions...
I have a boiler, a Valient EcoTec 28 pro, which was fitted a year ago.
It makes a droning noise which resonates through the entire house. When it startes you hear this drone, which is loud enough to wake you if it kicks in during the night.
It has been taken off of the wall and re-mounted onto a rubber backing to try to stop the noise. I have also taken down the boxing around it to try to prevent echoing.
It has been serviced and there is nothing mechanically wrong with it.
I'm at a loss about what to do, as you cannot escape this noise whenever the heating is on.
All of the downstairs radiators and pipework have been replaced and the system was powerflushed.
Does anyone have any suggestions that could possibly help, aside from switching to electric heaters, which, if I had the money to, I would do!
Please note,
The company who did the install have been very good about trying to find a solution and I have not had a problem with them at all, in fact, I think they have been extremely fair and professional regarding this. We are all slightly baffled over why it is happening, so ideas 'outside the box' would be appreciated!

Haven’t you had vaillant out under warranty?

Haven’t you had vaillant out under warranty?
Hi. No, not yet, as the plumbers have been out and cannot see any problem to do with the boiler. Since it was remounted (yesterday) it seems quieter when it is running the heating (after initial start up), but if you call for hot water it fires up and the noise wakes up people in the other room! It seems to be more of a reverberation thing when the pump is having to work hard....

Has it made the noise since it was fitted?
Sounds like a call to vaillant is needed
Thanks @scott_d
It has, its a low drone but the plumbers think that is just the sound of it. The problem is it transmits through the entire house, so it's actually more noisy upstairs than down. I'm led to believe that is just the normal noise of the pump and this is just a strange situation where there is a noise short. It is now mounted with a hard rubber backing behind it but that doesn't seem to stop the noise transmit.
I will call Valient, just in case they have any ideas, but I wondered if anyone had come across a similar problem.

Reply to Valient Ecotec Pro Droning Noise in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Worcester Greenstar gas boiler circa 2017. There has been a noise coming from the boiler which resembles running water, I have checked the system pressure at 1.5bar and the relief valve but the noise persists unless a hot water tap in the house is opened then it stops for a period of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a Bosch Dishwasher that has just started making a loud droning noise constantly when switched on. I have taken out and cleaned the filter, and removed the pump cover. The impeller is turning freely but water is not draining. I will try and attached a video which hopefully shows the issue...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 34cdi boiler and it has started making a droning noise when it comes up to temperature or cycles. The sequence appears to be: -Fan speeds up (purging?) -Sparks, then lights (flame icon showing on display) -Fan slows down -Droning noise (like Jaws is coming, Daa-Daa...
Replies
Views
Our boiler has started making a noise on start up and when it kicks in and out engineer says it’s an ignition coil bracket and nothing to worry about but it sometimes gets worse and it went on for few seconds todays (5) like it was stuck and then freed itself and might have been coincidence but...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water comes on all seems ok then after about 15/20 mins i started to hear a trickling noise from hw cylinder which i can also hear in the boiler. The central...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock