Discuss Ideal ISAR HE24 - strange (undocumented) symbol on display in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jmansford

IMG_20120429_152206.jpg

My mother-in-law unfortunately has an Ideal ISAR HE24 installed via warm front back in 2006. Last year I changed the PCB for the 'orange' version.

She has been reporting that the boiler has been running the CH in the middle of the night despite the timer being setup correctly. I cannot verify this, however with the timer not set to call for heating and no call for DHW the display correctly shows then intermittently in flashes with a 'broken U.' (see pic).

I can't find anything in the manual about this so am suspecting the user control unit has gone. If it is that could it also cause the CH to come on randomly?

Ring ideal.

View attachment 6461

My mother-in-law unfortunately has an Ideal ISAR HE24 installed via warm front back in 2006. Last year I changed the PCB for the 'orange' version.

She has been reporting that the boiler has been running the CH in the middle of the night despite the timer being setup correctly. I cannot verify this, however with the timer not set to call for heating and no call for DHW the display correctly shows then intermittently in flashes with a 'broken U.' (see pic).

I can't find anything in the manual about this so am suspecting the user control unit has gone. If it is that could it also cause the CH to come on randomly?

Dodgy display for sure and most likely the valve that directs water flow is passing. These boilers come on randomly to keep a part inside hot...If the suspect part is passing to the radiators then the heating will warm up regardless of timing :) Get yourself a GSR engineer in, they should be able to sort it out for you :)

Dodgy display for sure and most likely the valve that directs water flow is passing. These boilers come on randomly to keep a part inside hot...If the suspect part is passing to the radiators then the heating will warm up regardless of timing :) Get yourself a GSR engineer in, they should be able to sort it out for you :)

Yes, I read about the pump running randomly 'to check it functions' in the book.

I'll start hunting out engineers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal ISAR HE24 - strange (undocumented) symbol on display in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

N
Hi All I know I know ... another HE24 LF code problem. Fix is replace boiler ;-) My problem is slightly different to other posts I've been...
Replies
Views
Mikesin
M
D
Hi all First timer here - after reading a lot of the advice present I thought it would make sense to get stuck in and throw something into the...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
Hi People, Im new to this site so be nice!! Ive been working on a Ideal Isar 24 today (Not a favoute of mine) the hot water is working fine but...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
M
Hi all, I'm having trouble with our Ideal Icos HE24 boiler at home as it appears to be short cycling. Going to try and keep this concise but...
Replies
Views
M
Hi I am gas safe registered but I mainly deal with installations and only slightly delve into the fault finding/ diagnostic field. Ive had a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock