Discuss i know youre not going to like this but..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I am in need of an extremely long flexi? my Russian client has asked to have her aquaflush on the side of the wall. so am needing around 750.ml. also, for some reason on the aqua fill it is a 1/2 inch bsp. so I need a 22mm flex with 1/2 inch tap connector. is there such a thing?

You can get the horrible things up to a metre in length and they are available as 22mm x 1/2". Last time I used one was on an animal trough in a farm. Poor wee cows have a hell of a life having to drink water from that and then get made into burgers. Not good.

Can't it be done in plastic? I don't like the idea of a rubber hose buried somewhere with little or no access.

I just want to be able to pull rhe bath out, tighten it and push it back it. A trough hey, drastic wasting a good flexi on one of those. So where do I purchase one of these metre long hoses? Plumb centre maybe? I bet it,s not cheap! Also, the Client does not want any plastic in the flat. She specifically said all copper.

Screw Fix sell them for about £4.

WRAS Hose 22mm x 3/4in x 1000mm x 13mm | NoLinkingToThis

Use a reducer to connect to 1/2"if you get this one

Thanks system. All this time I have been going to plumbfix and I didn't know they sold meter long ones.

Stani, do they sell the ones that go 3/4 to 1/2 inch and a meter long?

Stani, do they sell the ones that go 3/4 to 1/2 inch and a meter long?

All you need to do is connect the 3/4 end to a 22mm x 1/2 compression tap adaptor which will reduce it.

Be aware that all these flexy hoses only have a 13mm internal bore.

I picked 2 up one sundayafternoon for an emergency call out but they were 1/2". X 15mm so not really sure mate sorry. And they were for a pressure vessel to an unvented cylinder. Suppose you could get 3/4. X 1/2 adaptor and do it that way.

The other thing is there are more B&Q's than screw fix branches.

Last edited:
To be honest, i have never seen a 22mm to 15mm tap adaptor before! I was thinking of using a 3/4 to 1/2 inch brass bush. Would prefer the reducing tap adaptor though. I know it only has 13mm bore but the aqua fill only has a 15mm connection. Not sure what else I can do to be honest.

Thanks stani. B&Q is just that hey, Emergencies

Agreed mate, they are there for emergencies when all others are shut. The customer pays for the part wether its £1 or £5 it doesn't come out of our pocket.

wow, that is what I need!!! Not liking the orice that much though. for £20. I guess, it is the client who pays.

Plumbers merchants is where am off to in the morning.

Thanks guys.

Some great help

£20 is for a pack of 5 mate. They should only cost a couple of pound each including the fibre washers if you buy them from a plumbers merchants.

I can see they're £20 for 5 but still got a shock. It's from being taught by a tight arse!!!!

I can see they're £20 for 5 but still got a shock. It's from being taught by a tight arse!!!!

Well I was shocked at £20 for 5 because I'm a tight bum :)

Em something strange about this thread, I mean System3 leading the advice on the subject of flexis????????????????

Well I was shocked at £20 for 5 because I'm a tight bum :)

Em something strange about this thread, I mean System3 leading the advice on the subject of flexis????????????????
I'll offer advice on them, but doesn't mean I have to like them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to i know youre not going to like this but..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock