Search the forum,

Discuss How would you approach this repair? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Stanios

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi, access is good here, from my experience retrofitting connections to stack at high level (inaccessible via ladder) is just a bad idea.
Would the only reliable way be to fit a boss socket? Leave the tee in or go in the wall and put a new tee in?
(leak is on the 1 1/2" connection to 4")

Cheers!
s9TgNq8fvWlC1jar1PoujeJslH9H1yktIB0rwY7ukkEhaefUyffrttDk1FB0YDjecKby1IL7V0YxqTPHrqmHPxl4vBsHmUOWLTE8.jpe

Mcalpine compression boss if you can and replace the tee your fixed at two points so no wiggle you could try and remove the tee eg leave the 11/2 in the wall and re glue a new tee with access on etc

Cut the 1 1/2” on the red line - leaves enough to get a fitting on.
Cut the 4” on the yellow line and remove 4” down to the black coupler.
Replace 4” from coupler with a boss pipe then plain pipe and finish off with a slip coupled to existing.
Then bring the 1 1/2” down to the new boss pipe.

Attachments

• IMG_5588.jpeg
    IMG_5588.jpeg
    868.2 KB · Views: 11

Reply to How would you approach this repair? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. This is my first ever post asking for help. I had a bathroom renovation done early this year which I did myself. I wanted to have a low level shower tray sitting flush to the ground and was not able to get access to the main vented stack as it's boxed in from the inside of the house and...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH. I've got quite good at it over the years being able to recognise the manifold brand and generation by just looking at it but then I have to go through...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3 or 4 ribs on it). It's painted in a fetching pink/purple colour in the photo. Tried to revive it with some grease before inserting a short length of...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone Moved into a 5 year old ‘new build’ property recently and the toilet was leaking from where the tank meets the bowl. Nothing heavy but enough to need repairing. Anyway Found out that the toilet tank was leaning very far back and fixed to the wall. The only way to stop the leak...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some advice as this has been ongoing since august and nobody can find a problem but meantime water is damaging my walls. The lady upstairs had a plumber in July who relocated her washbasin shower and fitted a new radiator.He caused a bad leak and came to fix it in august and I thought...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock