Search the forum,

Discuss How to replace an O ring on a flip over/swil type basin waste in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

We have a flip over hand basin waste plug which won't close properly, I think the O ring has swollen. Can anyone let me know how to replace the O ring/remove the flip over/swivel plug?

tbh me personnly for piece of mind i would replace the whole waste fitting as i dont like that type the dont seal after a few years and normally get stuck

The swivel flip over flap doesn't close because the O ring needs replacement. I don't wish to replace the whole unit on the waste, so how to replace the O ring. A sensible reply would be welcome.

tbh me personnly for piece of mind i would replace the whole waste fitting as i dont like that type the dont seal after a few years and normally get stuck
I think you are right. It might be simpler to replace it. Thanks for replying
[automerge]1580890473[/automerge]
As above. I would replace the whole thing. It will just go again. To be honest all basin wastes are rubbish especially once the dreaded bleach is introduced.
I think you are right. I will look at replacing the whole fitting rather than trying to replace O rings and I might well be guilty of using bleach...Thanks for replying

Reply to How to replace an O ring on a flip over/swil type basin waste in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hi Does anyone recognise the make/brand of the radiator valve. It leaks when closed and Iam hoping I can replace a seal etc?
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock