Discuss how to ecconomise my boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wsoppitt

hi gang , my name is wayne and im new to the forum so please be gentle . I have a servowarm elite 50 boiler with built in programmer and what appears to be a manual heat/hot water lever which i can only assume is a manual valve . please can you explain how this works as i cant seem to seperate the heat or hot water and how/what needs to be done to make this system economical . thanks wayne the sparky

hi gang , my name is wayne and im new to the forum so please be gentle . I have a servowarm elite 50 boiler with built in programmer and what appears to be a manual heat/hot water lever which i can only assume is a manual valve . please can you explain how this works as i cant seem to seperate the heat or hot water and how/what needs to be done to make this system economical . thanks wayne the sparky

Well you should be able to move lever (if lever still there ,if not you will see hole on top of valve were it use to fit) to heating and hot water sides to provide just that
when heating and hot water on you will find best position not middle but half way through heating,that gives a bit of balance to valve

They do sieze up but not usualy by pass ,so should be able to turn heating on and off ok,maybe been canabiized already

To update you would have to fit 3 port motorised valve in its place and a cylinder and room thermostat,with wiring centre

But then again due to age you may think of putting money to a combi system,if it would suit your requirements

Last edited by a moderator:
cant add anything to prior post,best advice has already been given if your in a financial position to do so get rid mate its a very old boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to how to ecconomise my boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
My first thought when I heard this fault a combi boiler with hot water but no heating. Was a problem with the stat, controls not making the call...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock