Discuss How problematic is doing a mixer shower swap? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Or is it as easy as loosen two nuts, remove old shower, re-ptfe protruding threads, put on new nuts and tighten?

It can't be that easy can it?

Except, I imagine, having just written that, that's it's not ptfe, but, washers, yes, probably.

yes rubber washers. don't forget to isolate water or you will get wet!

Depends on shower,some have a back plate screwed to the wall,but if it's a bar mixer it should take you all of 2 mins.Just imagine getting 10 to do every day?

If its a bar mixer with 150mm between centres its very easy.

really easy as said above!

last one i did didn't even need changing! council had sent someone round to do a bit of maintenence and the gobin had switched the hot and cold round in airing cupboard resulting in a shower that never gets hot.

So would this valve:

rsz_photo1082.jpg

Be easily replaced by this valve:

88398.jpg

Deliberately chosen because it has +/- 5mm centres in case the other one is a bit off.

Last edited:
looks like it should be straight swap. although there will be holes in the tiles where the centre part is fixed to the tiles but a bit of silicone should sort that out.

Ok, cheers.

Just bought it, not fitted it yet. Didn't come with washers. Instructions says to ptfe thread. Is that unusual? I suppose I could buy some washers to fit but maybe MI take precedence?

if you use ptfe just put it on the end of the spindle so that when you put the new mixer on you don't see the ptfe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How problematic is doing a mixer shower swap? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
This is driving me bonkers! I have a Jaquar shower mixer unit - which has started to leak from the diverter cartridge. I think it's an early...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is...
Replies
Views
I recently had a plumber come over to look at a badly leaking shower head. As best I can recall, he described the problem as a crack in the bridge...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock