Search the forum,

Discuss How much to fit one of these plus electrics? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys, posted on here a week or so ago about a customer who wanted a shower pump fitted, someone here recommended the shower booster pump and when I spoke to the customer he actually said that's what he has been looking at and that's what he wants. As it's the cheapest option no doubt.

1st Choice For Most - Fully Automatic Shower Power Booster (SP2). Blue LED For Hot or Cold water Gravity Systems and with a 3 year warranty - Shower Power Booster

This is the pump I am going to fit.

It's going in the airing cupboard so will increase the HW to the whole house rather than sticking it under the bath.

This looks like a reasonably easy fit but there are no sockets in the airing cupboard so I will need to fit one which will mean spurring off another socket and running new cable - this will probably be put in mini trunking and run along the skirting board. gash I know but the customer will not be wanting to pay much.

What would you charge for a job like this?

I'm intrigued with these Ash, had a custard ask about one the other day. Would you come on here and say if it was any good

1/2 day + materials + advance hassle fee in case it doesn't live up to custard's expectations...

Has anyone seen one of these working? I'm intrigued...

I'm with masood on this army, I've never came accross a pump like this and I'm also intrigued where it gets its boost from with being so small it can't have ample sized impellers for a bit of centrifugal oomph ,, it looks like it's a piston but surely you'd need one for the hot and one for the cold ,, or am I missing something,

You can by a twin impellered pump for ÂŁ99....

Didnt this company sponsor the forum briefly?

Alan Wright on this thread

Cheers Ray thats a bit better explanation, I see it can work of low voltage which yeh is very handy, ash you'd best make sure if only putting one on the hot pipe that there's non returns in place if it's a mixer shower lol ,

What type of shower are u using it for ash, .?

Seen larger booster pumps with a series of impeller bowls or chambers so the pressure leaving the last chamber is far greater than the first but to do it on this size and warranty it for 3yrs would take some impressive engineering. Almost tempted to buy one to find out how it works.

Sorry I haven't posted back sooner.

The customer wants this pump and he will probably buy it himself as he is scared I might put a bit on to it and the fact that it can be fitted so easily means he thinks the labour costs will be low.

I spoke to the guys at the company who sell them and I was happy with the fact that he knew about plumbing and wasn't just a salesman. Apparently there will be no balancing issues caused when using this.

No flange needed was the information given.

I'm not entirely convinced this will be any good but every successful company had to start out unproven.

Bath Filler Mixer Taps with Shower Curved Designer Chrome SOHO | eBay

This is the shower it is being used on.

I will add feedback for everyone when i have fitted it.

Last edited:
Will my opinion do if no professional is available? :p

Well I suppose so! :p

In the time you've been here you've become a professional plumber mate and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly. 99% of plumbers don't bother networking and learning like how we do on this forum. Hence why 99% of plumbers aren't as good as they could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How much to fit one of these plus electrics? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks ok to me.....sound but the bowl has seen a lot of work. So she wants a new one...Astracast it seems are no more. The problem is its size.....looked...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock