Discuss How do these pans "seal" into cast iron collars in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Do you use a pan connector or does it just sit inside and get sand and cemented?

s-trap-pan.jpg

Thanks

How is easy is it to get the old one out? Just hammer and chisel it and try not to drop any bits down?

It's a complete pig of a job!

Best way I've found is to tap the neck f the pan with a hammer remove the pan then block the soil pipe off with a bung or mop head on a bin bag to prevent bits falling in, knock the rest of the porcelain away then start on the cement. That's the difficult bit to do. I usually drill and stick it at 12 3 6 and 9 o'clock and try to get it out in 1/4s just try not to crack or snap the bell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How do these pans "seal" into cast iron collars in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I need to this cast iron pipe back as my new back to wall toilet won’t fit otherwise. Cutting it back i am going to lose the collar. So what...
Replies
Views
Good evening I've came across 90mm cast iron before and used mcalpine extB (90 to 110 extension) But what I have here kind of bellows out to...
Replies
Views
Dear colleagues , My name is Roohollah and an overseas Heating tech. I have recently collected some data on oldest cast iron boiler from UK...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We've got a toilet that's been leaking due to a faulty seal with the pan connector. We've had a plumber in to replace the pan connector...
Replies
Views
Hi, Helping a friend, his soil stack is cast iron. The bath and basin wastes (all removed now) went into individual entries on the stack. These...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock