Discuss How do these pans "seal" into cast iron collars in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Do you use a pan connector or does it just sit inside and get sand and cemented?

s-trap-pan.jpg

Thanks

How is easy is it to get the old one out? Just hammer and chisel it and try not to drop any bits down?

It's a complete pig of a job!

Best way I've found is to tap the neck f the pan with a hammer remove the pan then block the soil pipe off with a bung or mop head on a bin bag to prevent bits falling in, knock the rest of the porcelain away then start on the cement. That's the difficult bit to do. I usually drill and stick it at 12 3 6 and 9 o'clock and try to get it out in 1/4s just try not to crack or snap the bell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How do these pans "seal" into cast iron collars in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am looking to take my bath out and fit a shower. Regards to tanking. Is it ok to just seal everything with plastic rather than just...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock