Discuss Hot water mystery in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ald

System Megaflow CL170;Potterton Suprima 80, both located on lower ground floor (lgf). Kitchen sink hot water (lgf) only runs hot when hot water in lgf bathroom is turned on; pressure is always fine. (Hot water feedpipe to kitchen only heats up in same circs). Any ideas. ALD

a bit more info please?

when you open the bathroom hot tap and the supply is running from both the bathroom and the kitchen with (as you state) decent pressure in both, what happens when you close the bathroom tap? does the kitchen one stop flowing?

what happens if you were to turn off the kitchen tap first and leave the bathroom one open, is there an increase in flow at the bathroom tap?

also
does the bathroom tap operate on its own? (with all other taps off)

and how does your system relate to other floors in the property?

cheers
KJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Kitchen tap flows normally when bathroom tap is off, but kitchen hot water temperature drops to barely tepid.
No increase in bathroom tap flow when kitchen tap turned off.
Bathroom hot water tap operates on its own with all other taps turned off.
Finally, when kitchen hot is on with bathroom hot also on, although there is hot water in the kitchen, the bathroom hot runs cold.
Thanks for your interest
ald

I forgot the final question. 4 storey house ( lgf, gf, 1st, 2nd) - bathroom on first works fine. ald

hmmm

bit of a puzzler this!

has it always been like this or did you used to be able to get hot water from all taps without opening other taps?

KJ

ok, has anything else been added to the system....new en-suite or an extension or has anything been replaced? around the time that it stopped operating correctly

KJ

only a replacement monoblock tap in kitchen, but as mentioned above problem affects feed to kitchen. ald

theres your problem cold is probably forcing up the hot feed against the flow of the hot you need to fit a check valve on the hot feed to the tap and see if that sorts out the problem

steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water mystery in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock